At Haglin Automotive, we understand the major uncertainty that the COVID-19 outbreak has caused. With shelter in place orders, many of us are struggling to make good use of our time while following CDC regulations. While staying at home indefinitely is difficulty for most, it is so vital to the overall health of our nation's people and is a crucial step in preventing the spread of this virus.
First and foremost, protecting your health should be a priority. This means regularly washing your hands, avoiding touching surfaces outside of your home, keeping a 6 foot distance between you and others, sanitizing regularly, and avoiding touching your face with unwashed hands. Secondly, don't forget about your mental health - this is just as important during this time.
Here are some of our tips to follow when it comes to staying busy at home during COVID-19 shelter in place orders:
- Read a new book
- Give yourself a cleaning project, such as deep cleaning the kitchen or mopping floors
- Go for a walk outside to get some fresh air (remember the 6 feet distance regulation!)
- Start up a new hobby or rekindle an old one
- If you have kids, help them stay organized with online classes and assignments
- Go for a bike ride
- Reorganize your closet or drawers
- Declutter an area of your home that needs it
- Plant some new seeds or tend to current plants
- Take up a furniture refurbishing or painting project
- Find a new podcast to listen to
- Do an at-home workout (you can use anything!)
- Play a board game
- FaceTime or call family or friends for a virtual chat
We know that staying positive and active during this time will be difficult, but if we all make proper adjustments we can get through these tough times together. Another great idea is to give us a call here at Haglin Automotive if you need your vehicle serviced. We remain open during this time and have made the proper adjustments to keep you and your family safe. Give us a call today!